South Winnipeg Family Information Centre (SWFIC) requires an Activities Coordinator for a new Drop in Centre.
The Activities Coordinator will work closely with the Outreach Coordinator in the operation of a drop in program at our Family Resource Centre.
Activities Coordinator (three days per week)
– Operate drop in centre three days per week with an emphasis on activities for children or youth, as well as adults.
– Work in close partnership with the Outreach Coordinator
– Coordinate supplies and space for drop in centre to maintain a welcoming place for families
– Develop a volunteer program within drop in to assist with activities
– Individual with experience in early child development, children and youth programs, food and nutrition programs, volunteer management
The successful candidate will be a community orientated person who enjoys engaging adults, families, children and youth in learning activities. This work would fit someone who is a good listener, communicator and problem solver, and both well organized and detail oriented.
Project overview: Drop in Centre at South Winnipeg Family Information Centre
This is a three-year project supported by the For Every Family Initiative, a partnership of the United Way of Winnipeg, the Province of Manitoba, other funders and private donors.
– High School Diploma
– Postsecondary degree or diploma preferred in the areas of education, adult learning, social work, social sciences, child and youth work, or psychology
– Previous experience working in a leadership role providing and planning learning opportunities for families (adults, children or youth) is required.
– Program planning, and community development skills are required.
– Experience helping individuals access services, providing referrals, and knowledge of community programs and resources would be an asset.
– Experience with community consultation or a needs assessment would be an asset.
– Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks is required.
– Past experience working in a not-for-profit and/or social service setting would be an asset
– Knowledge of supports and services available for families in the city of Winnipeg would be an asset
– Valid Driver’s license and access to personal vehicle is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
– Group Facilitation skills or family program experience preferred (including working with parents, children and youth of all ages, English language learners
– Experience in use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required
– Ability to work cooperatively as part of a small team
– Must possess effective oral and written communication skills in the English language
– Strong organizational skills are required
– Ability to work independently
– Food Handlers certificate and current First Aid/CPR certification preferred
The successful applicant will be required to provide a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry check and Criminal Record check.
Salary Range: $17.00 to $20.00 per hour (3 days per week, approximately 21 hours), September to June. Summer hours Two days (14 hours) per week for 6-8 weeks, dates to be determined; some weeks off (unpaid) during the summer. This is a three-year term position dependent on continued funding.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to Tricia Robinson, Executive Director, South Winnipeg Family Information Centre, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22, 2017
Start Date: October 2, 2017